Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Macro Lens

OK, so I got another photograph for you today!

Recently, I was assigned an assignment in my photography class focusing on Aperture.  For those who don't know what that is, it controls the Depth of Field, or how much is in or out of focus.  So I took a TON of pictures, because I really like to take shots with a relatively tight Depth of Field.  I'm pretty sure for my 10 image assignment I took about 450 pictures.  Because I was feeling adventurous, I decided to get out my Macro lens.  I got this for Christmas a little while ago, and I've been meaning to try it out.  So finally I got the chance!  In short, a Macro lens lets you take pictures of tiny objects really close up, and still be able to focus on them.  It also takes the Depth of Field and drops it down to an extremely finite amount.
So here is one of the pictures I took for class.  The images is of a teeny tiny ant hill between the bricks in my small patio.  It was so small, I almost didn't see it.  I took many more pictures, but this one had the strongest Depth of Field.  My next project is on composition, so wish my luck.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment