Saturday, July 27, 2013

SIGGRAPH 2013 at an end

Well this is it, the end of SIGGRAPH 2013.  The last day was actually Thursday, and there were tons of last-minute attendees.  I was surprised to see so many interested people showing up at 2pm for a  convention that ended at 3:30.  The SVs had a final get-together or two after everything was said and done.  I was really amazing.  The entire conference was really impressive, and I learned and did a lot!  And yet, I didn't get to half the events I wanted to.  Still, this was one of those life-changing events, which I will always cherish.  I am definitely volunteering for SIGGRAPH 2014 in Vancouver.  Yesterday, my friend Eric and I went to Paramount studios on a tour, which was a real treat.  I also (finally) got to eat at In N Out Burger, which is my favorite burger joint in the world, and for good reason.
So now I have said goodbye to all my new friends, for now, and plan to keep in touch with as many as I can through twitter and Facebook and my blog.  I can't wait to see everyone again next year!  So here I am at LAX waiting for my flight.
PROUD TO BE SV!


No comments:

Post a Comment