Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 2, night

Hello again!

Well today has been jam packed at SIGGRAPH!  I got to check out the geek bar, where you can watch whatever presentations you want and switch between them on the fly, all live!  Great if there are several presentations you want to see or are undecided.  I also got to see a special presentation of Pixar's Blue umbrella.  To hear Saschka Unseld's speech about what inspired him to make the film is inspiring.  He makes me want to go out right now and start working on things that I've been wanting to work on... But first I have to finish the rest of the week here before I can work on something... Not that I'm complaining.
I spent a few hours in the Studio hall where I got to check out 3D printers and scanners, art, really innovative technology from Exo-skeletons suits to haptic technology.  I even made a holographic keychain with my friends.
Finally I got to look at a presentation showing off all the talks this week, and WOW!  I wish I could see them all, they are so fascinating, now I need to decide what to watch.
Tonight is a big SV Alumni reunion, time to mingle!  Tomorrow... I work bright and early!

No comments:

Post a Comment