Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mushrooms

Day 2 already, can I keep up this pace?

Today I'd like to share an image I created a week or two ago called Fairy Circle. It is really just a ring of Fly Agaric mushrooms, but I put a lot of work into it.

I modified the background plate, modeled all the objects (all are NURBs), experimented with the Maya Fur grass tool, and created all the textures. These are all procedural textures meaning the computer is creating them based on math, and no photographs (except for the plate in the back) were used as textures.

I really like how the tree came out, but I would like to do more with the grass an the ground and the mushrooms. I'd also like to go back and adjust the lights to get a different feel and better contrast and form.

That's all for now, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment